Many people have been asking how we are doing and also wanting to know how you can pray for Paris. As I mentioned on Facebook (but I know you’re not all on Facebook), we are safe. We really appreciate the care and concern so many of you have showed in reaching out and praying. Thank you so much. We were wrapping up a training in Italy on Friday so we were not in Paris at the time of the attacks, we didn’t even know what had happened until Saturday morning and we flew home later in the day. It felt strange to be away when this happened and it is good to be back home in Paris, our city, so we can grieve, pray and respond alongside our Parisian brothers and sisters. Of course, now that we are back it is not easy to know how to respond. So here are some ways you can pray.
- For God’s comfort for the family and friends of those who died so suddenly and needlessly.
- For the survivors and all who were directly affected. They will remember and for some relive this tragic day for the rest of their lives.
- For peace and justice to be restored as the Government searches for those involved.
- For a response of love and restoration to spread throughout the city and country.
- For wisdom for us and others in knowing how to respond and share the love of Christ with our neighbors and friends.
- For many to put their hope and trust in Christ, the only true light that exists in the darkness of our world.
As I prayed this morning for our city, God led me to this verse that brought me comfort…“Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you, not as the world gives do I give. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” — John 14:27